Create the Home Office of Your Dreams
Ahh, the times of Covid-19. They have brought us a new appreciation for hobbies, creating recipes from scratch, and the need to have a dedicated work-space in the home. So whether you work full-time at home or occasionally need to conduct business in the evenings or even just on the weekends, a home office a great way to utilize an extra room. A home office can be designed to increase productivity and comfort. Here are 5 ideas to get you started.
1. Invest in a good office chair. Investing in an ergonomic office chair is essential. You may be spending anywhere from 30 to 50 hours a week sitting in it, so your back will thank you. Purchasing one with multiple adjustments is ideal so it fits you just right.
2. Switch up your lighting. Fluorescent lighting has been proven to be hard on the eyes. Make the switch to LED or halogen light bulbs in your home office and try to let in as much natural light as possible. Also, consider finding a desk lamp to reduce headaches and eye strain. You may even consider ordering blue-light glasses from amazon to prevent the glow from your device adding any additional eye-strain.
3. Keep essentials in reach and organized. Nothing says productivity like a clean, neat workspace. Select a desk with a lot of storage or install creative shelving to keep items like pens, pencils, extra batteries, calculators, notepads, and more stored within arm’s reach. Pinterest is chock full of ideas to DIY these options.
4. Decorate bright. Pick a color you love and use it to spice up the room. Use cheery yellow or red to add energy to the space or opt for relaxing tones like green and blue; instead of grays, beiges and browns.
5. Aim for the view. If possible, place your desk so you are facing a window instead of a blank wall. Natural light can do wonders for staying alert and you can give yourself a short mental break when necessary by looking to the outdoors.